Happy World Environment Day!
Since 1974, World Environment Day has been raising global awareness and taking action on urgent issues from marine pollution and global warming to sustainable consumption and wildlife crime.
Every year, the day is hosted by a different country with a different theme. This year, it will be hosted by Pakistan and the theme is regarding Ecosystem Restoration.
How can we take action?
1. Clean up a beach or park by collecting the litter and removing it.
2. Introduce greenery in our homes, offices and public spaces with indigenous trees or plants.
3. Donate towards a restoration project
4. Be more mindful of the products that we're purchasing and ensure that they are sustainable.
5. Speak out to our family members and friends and work together to form project around our local communities to help the environment.
Be sure to use the hashtag #GenerationRestoration to show how you got involved this World Environment Day.