Everyone knows the feeling of being down in the dumps. The world just seems to be going wrong and nothing is going your way. You start to feel sorry for yourself, until you realise that there are ways out of this slump! These tips might help you lift your mood up a little bit.
1) Listen to Your Favourite Music: Sometimes all it takes is a good jam session with some favourite tunes. Whether you're into jazz or hip-hop, there's something for everyone! Put on those headphones and get lost in the rhythm; soon enough, you'll find yourself dancing around like nobody's watching.
2) Get Outside: It doesn't matter if it's raining or sunny outside, get outside and inhale some fresh air.
3) Call up a friend and have a chat about anything that comes into mind, even if it seems silly or pointless. This will take your mind off of things for at least a few minutes which will help relieve stress.
4) Take five deep breaths in through the nose and out through the mouth until you can feel yourself relax again. Your breath helps control your emotions so make sure they’re deep enough to make a difference
5) Scent your space. According to Stephen Warrenburg of Oxford University, an aroma can significantly promote stress reduction and improve mood. Light your favourite candle, or open your favourite diffuser to create a calming atmosphere.
We love the Velvet Jasmine and Oud diffuser all year round in our living room! Click here to shop the range