Genius ways to reuse old candle containers
If you have been buying candles for some time, you may have many leftover glass jars/containers.
In the age of re use and recycle we are often asked about ideas on how to use leftover glass jars/containers.
Burning your candle
The most important thing to remember is that you shouldn't be burning your candle all the way down. You need to leave at least 1.25 cm of wax in the container. This is for safety reasons. A glass jar or container can become too hot, causing it to break or shatter.
Removing any remaining wax
Once you have a candle that has around a centimetre of wax left, you can remove it in 3 ways:
1. Try to use a spoon to remove as much as you can, then soak in warm water and soap for a minute before scrubbing the remaining wax out.
2. Place the container in a bowl of slightly cooled boiling water. Once the wax has softened, remove the jar from the water, remove the wick and pour out the melted wax (Not down the sink though!).
3. Freeze the candles and scrape the wax out.
Now that the wax is out, here are some suggestions for how you can reuse your candle container:
1. Use for flowers
this time of year is perfect for flowers, add a pop of colour to your home by using your old glass jars as vases.
2. Use to keep herbs fresh in the fridge
Do this by cutting the stems down and standing in cold water in the jar.
3. Make up brush storage -
The elegant container can be added to any dressing table and be used to store make up brushes.
4. The container size makes it perfect for storing Stationary -
Anything from pens to paper clips. Similar to the image below.
5. Use them as plant pots!
We would love to know how you re use your glass containers. Do you use your old jars in any of the ways mentioned above?
We have heard of people using old jars to bake mini cakes and pies but having never tried that ourselves, so we wouldn't recommend it!
Check out our full range of products via our website here.