We've all experienced the sad feeling of our favourite candle burning down to the last bit of wax at the bottom of the jar. But don't worry, we have a simple solution for you to clean your Nuhr Home jar before reusing it however you like.
Follow these steps for a shiny candle jar
1. Begin by placing your candle jar on top of a plate.
2. Then pour boiling water 3/4 way up the candle jar, you will be able to see the wax melting away. Allow it to cool for 3 hours, or even over night.
3. After that, the water and the wax will be cooled and it will be safe for you to remove the solid candle wax that will have formed at the top.
4. Lastly, wash out your candle jar with warm water and washing up liquid for nice clean jar.
Things to bear in mind
- For small areas, use a hairdryer on a low heat setting to melt away the wax.
- Remove the wick after the wax has been removed. The boiling water should allow you to pull the wick out, however if the wick is still in place, just slip a sharp knife underneath and pop it out.
- Keep the old wax and use it as a wax melt - you should be able to use it twice. Do not pour the old wax down the sink as it will clog your pipes once it cools and solidifies.
- Stay safe, please be careful when undergoing any candle cleaning methods.
Be sure to look out for our next blog post for ideas on how to reuse your candle jar!
View our luxury candle range here